I am inspired by beautiful things. The wild freedom of children is my fuel.

Monday, December 17, 2012

Handmade Isn't Dead!

Ordinarily my mind is bustling around with ideas.  Finally I'm taking the initiative to put those ideas to work for me.  I'm going to start a small business.  I mean like really tiny.  A micro business...  so small that I'm the sole employee.  It feels like jumping out of a plane a little.  You tumble down and down with the wind in your ears and then pop open your magic parachute to keep from splatting on the ground in four point five seconds.  Falling is half the fun!  The view as you sail in the sky in the safety of the parachute's harness is the other perk.   Right?  So here I am and I'm excited.  I want to do more than share what I create.  I want to inspire and bring others joy through my craft.  I want for this small business to stay small and thoughtful.  Handmade isn't dead!  It's thriving in my fingertips and in my breath.  Today I've been working hard on the assembly line.  Okay, it's not a real assembly line.  I'm sewing stuffed owls, rice hand warmers, and toddler clothes.  I make things all the time.  The ability to create is my pride and joy.  My kids already love the stuff I make them.  Why not make things for other kids?  It just makes sense to me.  Keep your fingers crossed for me world!  I'm going on an adventure this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment